General Awareness Section consists of question on Current Affairs and General Knowledge (G.K.).This section play an important role in scoring in every competitive and
Current Affairs updates till 28th September 2015 are covered.Recent happenings and current events on 25th September,26th September ,27th September and 28th September 2015 are covered.
1."Internet.org" - a program by facebook which is intended to provide free internet to people in developing countries is renamed as "Free Basics".
2.The Maharashtra Government completed the acquisition of the three storey house in London where Dr B R Ambedkar lived as a student in the 1920s.
3.India will host the World Junior Circuit Finals at Indore between 22 and 25 January 2016 (as confirmed by ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation)).This will be the fifth International event that India will host this season.
4.The Swiss attorney general has started criminal proceedings against FIFA president Sepp Blatter for mismanagement as well as misappropriation of FIFA money.
5.Qatar to host 2022 FIFA World Cup from November 21 to December 18 (as reported).
6.The government announced the recipients of prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar award,which is considered to be a coveted Science honour in the country.The recipients are as follows: (as announced by the Ministry of Science and Technology)
- In the biological science category, Balasubramanian Gopal of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru
- Rajeev Kumar Varshney of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) were chosen for the coveted award.
- Jyotiranjan Srichandan Ray from the Physical Science Laboratory, Ahmedabad, was chosen from the field of earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences
- Yogesh Joshi from IIT Kanpur was selected for the awards in the field of engineering sciences.
- In the field of mathematical sciences, Ritabrata Munshi from the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
- K. Sandeep from TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bengaluru, bagged the award.
- Vidita Vaidya from the TIFR Mumbai bagged the award from the medical science category.
- In the physical sciences category, Bedangadas Mohanty from the National Institute of Science Education and Research,Bhubaneshwar and
- Mandar Deshmukh from the TIFR Mumbai were selected under Physical sciences category
- D. Srinivasa Reddy from CSIR’s National Chemical Laboratory, Pune in the field of chemical sciences
- Pradyut Ghosh from the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Jadavpur, were selected for the award in the category of chemical sciences.
7.The Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Yatra Commemoration Committee has decided to confer Sadbhavana Award to Ghulam Nabi Azad on the occasion of Silver Jubilee year of Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Yatra.
8.Lewis Hamilton won Japanese Grand Prix title.This is his eighth victory of the season.
9.Abhinav Bindra won Gold medal in the 8th Asian Air Gun Championship in 10 metre air rifle event.
10.FMC (Forward Markets Commission),a 60 year old commodities regulatory body and the SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) merged to mark the radical changes in the futures market.
These updates on Current events are very useful in recruitment examinations like SSC (Staff Selection Commission),RRB (Railway Recruitment Board),RBI and SBI Recruitment,IBPS, Postal,Insurance and other State level Recruitment tests.
Please share our General Awareness-Current Affairs updates and help us to reach more people....